You will be joining us at an exciting time in our journey, helping us and the sector to support those who are forced to seek safety. With over 32 years’ experience, we are trusted by the communities we serve and are seen as the lead organisation in Wales for asylum seekers and refugees. We have around 35 Staff working for us across 5 sites.
Job Title: Volunteer Officer
Report to: Volunteer and Partnership Manager
Salary: £12,697per annum
Hours: 21 hours over 3 days per week, usually around 9am to 5pm (Tues-Thurs)
Location: Newport office with some scope for working from home.
Terms: 4 years fixed term contract
Annual benefits pro rata
- 25 days leave, increasing by 1 day per annum to a maximum of 30 days
- Up to 2 days paid volunteering leave
- Up to 3 days paid carers leave
- Up to 5 days paid study leave
- 5% pension
- Access to company paid counselling support.
- Staff led Wellbeing Group; with activities such as fitness dancing, team building quiz events, yoga, and regular weekly
- Staff Room Chit Chats held virtually during Covid.
Purpose of the Post
The Gwent Helping End Homelessness Project (BOOST Building on Our Strengths Together) is a five year National Lottery funded project. The Wallich and a wider consortium of Third sector including Welsh Refugee Council and other well-established organisations will develop the value of lived experience for the benefit of those with lived experience – through a programme of peer mentoring, trauma informed care, training, and co-production to strengthen opportunities for employment and make homelessness rare, brief, and non-recurrent.
To know more about this opportunity, download the job description
Download and complete the Application Form.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing day Monday 10th October 2022 at 5pm. Applications received after this date, will not be considered.