We are the Welsh Refugee Council
We empower sanctuary seekers and refugees to build new futures in Wales and have over 32 years’ experience. We deliver direct specialist support to our clients across Wales, from our offices in Cardiff, Newport, Swansea, and Wrexham. We partner with community, voluntary and statutory sector to increase our impact and ensure our clients can flourish.
“Welsh Refugee Council is the beginning of the end of the trauma. It is where the running stops and recovery starts.”
We support sanctuary seekers and refugees at the most critical points of their lives. Our work enables people who have been forced to seek sanctuary to find their feet and begin building a life in Wales.
With your support we help people find a place to stay, work to support themselves, access to English classes, legal advice, and community networks. Our work directly helps people to feel less isolated, more informed, upskilled, and able to speak up on matters that affect them.
Working together to create a Wales where sanctuary seekers and refugees are welcomed, respected, and empowered.
We improve the lives of sanctuary seekers and refugees through specialist support and influencing policy and practice.
- Brave. We are bold, innovative, and we take action.
- Diverse. We recognise that strengths we each bring, and each other’s uniqueness.
- Croeso/Welcome. We create environments, that engage and welcome.
- Influential. We empower people to tell their stories and use our data to lift narratives.
- Collaborative. We recognise the importance of working in partnership and building each other’s capacity.
Our vital work would not be possible without the support of our donors, volunteers, and partners.
To find out how you or your organisation can get involved, contact our Fundraising team today on firstname.lastname@example.org