Would you like to learn English?
REACH is a project funded by the Welsh Government to help anyone in Wales wanting to study English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) at college. REACH+ centres are located in Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Wrexham and provide one central point of contact for anyone wishing to access ESOL in these cities.
To apply for REACH+ ESOL please complete one of these forms:
Welsh Refugee Council also offer a variety of online and face-to-face informal English classes. If you would like to join either our face-to-face class or online groups, please fill in this form.
English Classes Timetable
|Day and time||Type||Location||Teacher||Provider||Contact|
|Monday 12:00 – 12:00 pm||Beginner & Intermediate||Trinity Centre||Jane||Space4U||07708 677865|
|Monday 1:30 -2:30 pm||Grammar||Online||Marie||WRC||https://forms.office.com/r/DE3xeAgYHK|
|Tuesday 10:00 – 11:30 am||Conversation||Trinity Centre||Lizzie||Adult Learning Walesfirstname.lastname@example.org / 07947 381506|
|Wednesday 6:00 – 7:00 pm||Grammar & Culture||Online||Nick||WRC|
|Thursday 09:30 – 10:30 am||Grammar & Culture||Online||Chris & Marie||WRC||https://forms.office.com/r/DE3xeAgYHK|
|Thursday 12:00 -2:00 pm||Beginner & Intermediate||Trinity Centre||Jane||Space4U||07708 677865|
|Thursday 5:00 – 7:00 pm||Conversation||Trinity Centre||Star||07708 677865|
|Friday 9:30 – 10:30 am||Grammar & Culture||Online||Chris & Marie||WRC||https://forms.office.com/r/DE3xeAgYHK|
|Friday 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Grammar & Culture||Ty Magor||WRC||https://forms.office.com/r/DE3xeAgYHK|
Free Online Resources – External Links
Welsh Refugee Council is not responsible for the accuracy and update of the information below:
- British Council – Learn English through videos, listening activities, texts and grammar exercises for ESOL learners at every level.
- Future Learn – Future Learn courses are free and start at various times of the year, but you can pay for the assessments if you wish.
- Learn English– Discover new work and study opportunities worldwide with a range of online English courses designed to improve your English speaking and writing skills.
- Basic English 1: Elementary An excellent, free course beginning in April 2020. Learn basic English for everyday situations and improve your listening skills with this online course.
- Basic English 2: Pre-Intermediate – Develop your English for use in different everyday situations and build more confidence in your listening skills.
- Exploring English: Language and Culture – This course for learners of English looks at British culture and examines English in use to help you improve your language skills.
- English Pronunciation in a Global World– Free course beginning in April 2020. In this course, you will improve your English pronunciation skills and learn about speaking English in today’s globalised world.
BBC Learning English Online
- For English Speakers
- For Oromo speakers
- For Amharic speakers
- For Mandarin speakers
- For Gujarati speakers
- For Marathi speakers
- For Punjabi speakers
- For Korean speakers
- For Telugu speakers
- For Thai speakers
- For Tigrinya speakers
Join learner groups on Facebook.
- Dictionary with pronunciation: Cambridge Dictionary
- Education and Training Foundation Resource
- Learners Dictionary
- List to the sounds of English: English Club
- Express yourself in English: Espresso English
- British Council listening practice
- BBC learning English
- ESL Listening Intermediate Level
- ESL Listening Advanced Level
- ESOL Courses listening exercises
- ESOL Extras player fm
- ESOL Extras player fm Intermediate level
- British Council Reading practice
- News in Levels: World News for Students of English
- University of Victoria Lower Intermediate Level reading practice
- University of Victoria Intermediate Level reading practice
- University of Victoria Upper Intermediate Level reading practice
- Learn English Today grammar
- Dave’s ESL cafe
- Essential Grammar in Use
- ESL Cafe quizzes
- English media lab
- engVid English video lessons