You will be joining us at an exciting time in our journey, helping us and the sector to support those who are forced to seek safety. With over 31 years’ experience, we are trusted by the communities we serve and are seen as the lead organisation in Wales for asylum seekers and refugees. We have around 35 Staff working for us across 5 sites.
With Welsh Government funding, a consortium of organisations led by the Welsh Refugee Council are working together to deliver a Wales Sanctuary Service which will improve access to support and advice for Sanctuary Seekers across Wales.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Report to: CEO
Salary: £19,200 pro rata
Hours: 21 hours over 3 days per week, usually around 9am to 5pm (Tues-Thurs)
You will be required to support evening Board meetings (x 4), and Sub Committees (x 8) usually between 17:30 and 19:30pm. You will receive time off in lieu for the evening work.
Location: Cardiff Office/Home. We offer a hybrid working approach.
Terms: Fixed Term Contract, 6 months, with potential to extend based on funding.
Annual benefits pro rata
- 25 days leave, increasing by 1 day per annum to a maximum of 30 days
- Up to 2 days paid volunteering leave
- Up to 3 days paid carers leave
- Up to 5 days paid study leave
- 5% pension
- Access to company paid counselling support.
- Staff led Wellbeing Group; with activities such as fitness dancing, team building quiz events, yoga, and regular weekly
- Staff Room Chit Chats held virtually during Covid.
Purpose of the Post
- To support the CEO and management with different tasks relating to the governance and management processes across the organisation.
- To ensure that the Cardiff office of Welsh Refugee Council is seen to be a welcoming environment to both clients, external visitors, and staff.
- To ensure that there are effective administration systems in place to create an effective visitor experience whether that be in person or by telephone.
- To manage the appointments of senior management and the meetings of the Board and subcommittees.
- To be responsible for all the administrative processes within the office, as well as providing general secretarial support to enable the smooth and effective running of the office.
To know more about this opportunity, download the job description
Download and complete the Application Form.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing day Wednesday 28th September 2022 at 5pm. Applications received after this date, will not be considered.
Invites for interviews will be sent by email, and Interviews will likely be held on Friday 7th October 2022.