This Job has now Closed
You will be joining us at an exciting time in our journey, helping us and the sector to support those who are forced to seek safety. With over 33 years’ experience, we are trusted by the communities we serve and are seen as the lead organisation in Wales for asylum seekers and refugees.
We are proud that during the Coronavirus pandemic we adapted our services and were able to grow our income significantly. None of our staff were furloughed and this is testament to the adaptability of our staff, the demand for our services and the inequalities that persist in society- that require amazing people to do something about it.
Job Title: Executive & HR Assistant
Report to: CEO
Salary: £21,028 pa
Hours: 35 hours per week usually around 9am to 5pm or 28 hours per week over 4 days would also be considered.
You will be required to support evening Board meetings (x 4), and Sub Committees (x 8) usually between 17:30 and 19:30pm. You will receive time off in lieu for the evening work.
Location: Cardiff Office/Home. We offer a hybrid working approach.
Annual benefits pro rata
- 27 days leave pa, increasing by 1 day pa to a maximum of 30 days
- Up to 2 days paid volunteering leave
- Up to 3 days paid carers leave
- Up to 5 days paid study leave
- 5% pension
- Counselling hotline & up to 6 free counselling sessions per year via BHSF
- Staff led Wellbeing Group
Purpose of the Post
- To support the CEO and management with different tasks relating to the governance and management processes across the organisation.
- To ensure that the Cardiff office of Welsh Refugee Council is seen to be a welcoming environment to both clients, external visitors, and staff.
- To ensure that there are effective administration systems in place to create an effective visitor experience whether that be in person or by telephone.
- To manage the appointments of senior management and the meetings of the Board and subcommittees.
- To be responsible for all the administrative processes within the office, as well as providing general secretarial support to enable the smooth and effective running of the office.
To know more about this opportunity, download the job description
Download and complete the Application Form.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing day Monday 21st August 2023 at Noon. Applications received after this date, will not be considered.
Invites for interviews will be sent by email, and Interviews will likely be held on Tuesday 5th September in our Cardiff Office.