Our Employment Project helps Asylum Seekers and Refugees navigate the world of work in Wales and achieve their ambitions.
- Employability workshops,
- One-to-one CV support,
- One-to-one Job Application Support,
- One-to-one interview support,
- Careers advice and employability support,
- Help finding job vacancies, training courses and volunteering,
- Advice about college, university and community learning,
- Online and in-person English classes.
Do you need employability support? Get in touch:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the WRC Education & Employability Support form.
What our clients have said:
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chris Hughes, WRC’s Education and Employability Officer, for all his time, effort and support provided to me up until now, first for supporting me in updating my CV, then for helping me to prepare for a number of interviews, until I succeeded in being offered the position of Teaching Technician in my area of expertise with Cardiff University. Thanks to the Welsh Refugee Council, and huge thanks to Chris.” – Lizan
“The Ikea Uppna program was extremely helpful in many ways. I found the workshop invaluable as it explained many aspects of the employment market and how it works, such as equality diversity policies, minimum wages or how to write a CV and a cover letter. The program enabled me to feel confident and I have successfully used the newly gained knowledge to secure employment. I’m grateful.” – Hema