Ukraine Advice Caseworker - Wrexham
About the Job
You will be joining us at an exciting time in our journey, helping us and the sector to support those who are forced to seek safety. With over 33 years’ experience, we are trusted by the communities we serve and are seen as the lead organisation in Wales for sanctuary seekers and refugees.
Job title: Ukraine Advice Caseworker
Report to: Ukraine Manager
Salary: £21,162 FTE (pro rata for 2.5 days is £10,581) & 5% pension
Term length: until March 2024
Hours: 17.5 hours per week – Part time post
Location: We have a blended approach with office and home working. When working from the office this will be based at BAWSO office in Wrexham.
Annual benefits pro rata
- 27 days leave, increasing by 1 day per annum to a maximum of 30 days
- Up to 2 days paid volunteering leave
- Up to 3 days paid carers leave
- Up to 5 days paid study leave
- 5% pension
- Access to company paid counselling support.
- Staff led Wellbeing Group.
Purpose of the role
- This is a great time to join Welsh Refugee Council, we are currently increasing our capacity to handle the refugee crisis from Ukraine.
- You will work as part of a small Ukraine Team, and your role would be to provide practical advice and support for Ukrainian refugees. You will help people to access mainstream services on housing, financial assistance, employment, education, and other move-on aspects to help their integration into the wider community in Wales.
- As an Advice Caseworker you will work in partnership with service providers and key stakeholders to provide a holistic approach to meet client’s needs. You will support clients with the move-on process; and to work with them to improve and develop the provision of services and to facilitate integration.
How to apply
To find out more about this opportunity, download the Job Description and complete the Application Form.
Please submit your application to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Friday 10th March at 10am.
Applications received after this date, will not be considered.
Invites for interview will be sent by email, and interviews will likely be held on Tuesday 14th March