Seeking Asylum?

If you wish to claim asylum or need immigration advice, please contact Migrant Help at They can advise you on claiming asylum, financial support, finding legal representation, accessing health care, accommodation, and many other asylum issues.


What we can do:

  • Provide one-to-one support for women who are claiming asylum. (See "I am a Woman Seeking Asylum")
  • Destitution support through our hardship fund. We may be able to offer a small emergency payment to help you access food, clothing and essential transport.
  • Access to a telephone or fax to find more information about the Asylum Help service.
  • ESOL language classes and conversation groups to help you learn and practice English.
  • Play Support for families with young children that includes three weekly play sessions in Cardiff and Newport with regular family outings.
  • Refer or direct you to our partner agencies or solicitors who may be able to help you.
  • For more information about this service email


What we cannot do:

  • We cannot help you come to the United Kingdom or give you immigration advice about your asylum claim unless you are a woman who needs paralegal advice on gender-based issues relating to your asylum claim.
  • We cannot provide any advice on any matter related to your asylum support payments or housing.
  • We are not a migration organisation and therefore cannot provide immigration advice to economic migrants or visa applicants.
  • We are not solicitors and cannot give legal advice regarding your claim.
  • We do not have direct influence on your asylum claim nor can we influence the decisions made by United Kingdom Visas and Immigration
  • We cannot provide support if you live outside of Wales.

If you are homeless and need destitution support, please to our go to our Destitution page to find out how the right support for you. 

Copyright © 2015 Welsh Refugee Council - Designed by MJCO. | Admin Login

Scroll to Top